What does it cost?
Once everything is in place, processing is started on your application to work abroad. Your biggest expense namely travel cost is sponsored by us, however you need to budget for a few expenses yourself:
- Your American H2-B Visa expenses to budget for is: $190 for your visa interview at the US consulate. Which is aprox R3 000 at the current rate of exchange.
- DHL who will courier your Passport with your visa to us at a cost of ± R165.
- You will need to obtain a police clearance at a cost of R114.
- Providing proof you are drug free, you may choose to do in one of two ways:
a) A drug test at a registered lab, such as Lancet, or Du Buison (cannot be done with a doctor) and claim it from your medical aid. The drug test may not be older than 2 days on the day of the interview.
b) Or at our head office or our regional interviewers for R280, where you do your job interview.
- Optional Travel insurance, for non work related sickness or injury. Talk to our interviewers for options and costs.
- Pocket money to take with for when you travel, we recommend at least $150.
Our sponsored 2020 package for accepted recruits includes:
- Work at a travelling carnival for one season with starting pre-tax wages of around US $330 per week. That’s about R20 000 per month currently !
- International return airfare, plus American domestic transportation, to and from your employer.
- Administration and orientation session preparing you for your trip.
- A valid legal work permit, so you can work at our American employer for one season.
- On-the-job training in America.